Wednesday, September 14, 2005

3 AM: Random Thoughts



Don't deny it.

Girls like looking at girls. Right now I'm harboring a major fascination w/ the women in Wong Kar Wai's flicks and how Christopher Doyle can make everyone look so damn hot. "2046" showcases 1960s Hong Kong and the beauty of Ziyi Zhang. This smoky movie makes me want to wear retro cheongsams with stilettos, hair elegantly twisted in an up-do, and leaning against some wallpapered wall in a sexy fashion.

I never really liked Ziyi Zhang, of Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon, because she always looked like any ol' Chinese girl with big eyes that are a dime a dozen in Beijing/Shanghai/HK--plus she's nearly pigeon-holed herself into the wuxia genre (House of Flying Daggers). But, in 2046, she was a sex-kitten in a very classy Bardot-Hepburn combo.

G L A M O R O U S ! Two snaps and a bag of chips.

Tony Leung is the man. Favorite Role: Lovelorn Cop 633, Chungking Express[633 sees a towel dripping]

Cop663: It was such a relief when I saw it crying. It may look different, but it's still true to itself. It's still an emotionally charged towel.

-

Cop663: Would you let a person on board with a boarding pass like this? It's dated today, but it got blurred in the rain. I don't know where it's taking me. Do you?

Faye: No idea, but I'll give you another.

Cop663: Great.

Faye: Where do you want to go?

Cop663: Wherever you want to take me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cindy I laughed so hard at your comment that women like to look at other women. :0) So true, so true. I can appreciate other women without being gay. This culture is so obsessed with the female form its only natural. Good one. I look forward to more witty observations.