Friday, March 31, 2006

Flash from the past















Can you believe this photo is a snapshot of my mom?
What a foxy, cool mama. Sometimes when you're looking at old photos, you can't imagine where life will take you and how you'll end up. Here, my mom's in her mid-20s, living in Maine, in love, and adjusting to her American lifestyle. Looking pretty, carefree, and relaxed.
When I look at my mom now, I can't imagine what she must have been like, as a teenager, young 20something, etc. Family photos from Vietnam were a rarity.
This photo is the best portrait I have of her at this point in life.
Just looking at this photo reminds me to enjoy my life while I have it good at this age. It doesn't last forever.




















Oh and these fly boys, above, are my 2 older brothers.
Don't they look like they could have tried out for The Goonies?
I'm digging the 80s jacket on the left and the pilot pants on the right.
Hoo-yeah.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Parachute pants. Not "pilot" pants. They were freakin parachute pants, and they are still cool in my opinion!

Anonymous said...

Parachute pants. Not "pilot" pants. They were freakin parachute pants, and they are still cool in my opinion!

Anonymous said...

booby trap! I love those type of pix... of our parents in their youth.