Sunday, November 06, 2005

Do You Feel Lucky?

Wilma came through here 2 weeks ago and knocked South Florida out.

I just got my cable/internet back over the weekend after having to come into work early to catch my regular blog reads, etc.

The low point of my Wilma experience?
The night after the storm where I and Nick shared a romantic evening dinner together over candle lit table:


Cindy: Gawd, is there anything to eat around here other then PB&J?
Nick: (scratches head)
Cindy (lights up): Ah ha! By George! I think I got something! (walks over to frig and pops out w/ a plastic package)

.
.
.
.
.
.
.

















Jamaican beef patty and Hillshire sausage!

Nick: (speechless)

The sausage was yummy, especially when you're sticking them directly into the candle light turning them pitch black while your boyfriend mutters "Better not not be lead in those wicks".
Mmmmmm...Danger...never tasted so sweet.

Aside from that, I had the weekend to commemorate a family anniversary but before I went to see my family, I checked out the South Florida Auto Show and must say, I don't really get cars.
The most expensive cars I saw made me yawn whereas I saw a Hyundai SUV that made me more excited. What's the point of having an expensive ride when its interior cockpit is so complex, I have no idea how to even turn on the radio, eh?


Did take a nice shot on my way out, I do love dusk in Miami.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

no, no, no. best meat ever - 5 gorgeous steaks cooked on a propane lamp after hurricane Katrina. Found in the wayyy back of a freezer quickly losing all of its cold. mmmm. hurricane food.